- Iran has no nuclear weapons.
- Since 2007, US intelligence has thought that Iran hasn’t got a programme to develop nuclear weapons.
- The IAEA does not assert that Iran has an ongoing nuclear weapons programme.
- Iran doesn’t breach the Non-Proliferation Treaty - it’s acting just like Brazil is.
- Iran’s nuclear facilities are open to IAEA inspection, but those of Israel and India (allies of the United States) are almost entirely closed to the IAEA. Iran faces ferocious sanctions and threats of military action; Israel (with perhaps as many as 400 nuclear bombs, and the capacity to deliver them anywhere in the Middle East) is the object of more than $3 billion a year of US military aid.
- Iran never threatened to “wipe Israel off the map”.
Really amazing article on Iran, and how similar the media climate is to pre-Iraq’s “cheerleader for war” shitstorm.
Drops a ton of truth bombs about the USA’s influence on the IAEA, repeated misleading by world leaders about the issue, and more.